Is it possible Mike Brown just didn't feel like having a party the other night?
Sure, he didn't need to do Z like that, but before we press onto the Phoenix Suns tonight at the Q, lets look at the possible Mavericks pregame thought process from Coach Brown's perspective:
1. His team was just embarrassed by the Charlotte Bobcats.
2. The Cavaliers were 11-5 after (16) with an 'improved roster' this season.
3. The Cavs were 13-3 last year.
4. Opponents FG% is up this year as opposed to last.
5. Opponents PPG is up this year as opposed to last.
6. Prior to Saturday, Shaq didn't look like he was meshing all that well in the rotation.
7. Prior to Saturday, Delonte was kinda like a major elephant in the room type problem.
Oh and by the way, Z - the guy chose not to play - hasn't really done much this year to prove that he can contribute. Sorry. So you're Mike Brown, and you don't feel like throwing a party in the beginning of a game you had to have. Can't say I blame the Coach for that. And if the players wanted to give Z his do Saturday, well maybe they shouldn't have all 'not shown up' against Charlotte on Friday. If that had happened, maybe then they're coach would have been in a more festive mood on Saturday.
Suns - Cavs Preview...Motivation for Shaq?