Kyrie Irving discussed the evolution of his crossover this past weekend. I wrote about it in a SLAM article where Irving specifically credits Allen Iverson, Kevin Johnson, and Tim Hardaway as being influential in desiging the move he has today. Hardaway's crossover, for example, is forever celebrated by the Utep Two Step nickname, and I suggested Irving's move deserved a similar handle. Since posting the article, I've received a number of suggestions.
Below are a twelve of those nickname suggestions for Kyrie Irving's Crossover in no particular order:
- The Kryptonite - SLAM Commenter Emiel
- The SwIrve - Twitter: @HoopsBosh (h/t @BrandonBombay)
- The Uncle Drew - SLAM Commenter niQ
- The Cleveland Cadaver Creator - Twitter: @Suga_Shane
- Hospital Shoes - SLAM Commenter Meeks
- Kyrie Eleison - Twitter: @TeamRobHogg (Background - Lord Have Mercy)
- Young Blood - Twitter: @JDimerrr
- The Killer Ky - Twitter: @Dayman28
- Don't Reach - SLAM Commenter niQ
- The Hatchet - Twitter: @WayneEmbrysKids
- The Razor - Twitter: @KBMBA2012
- The Ira Newble - Twitter: @RealCavsFans (*)
(*) RealCavsFans was technically refering to Irving's behind the back dribble. I did want to take this opportunity to highlight the instructional video he was referring to though, in the event you hadn't seen it.
Hit me up on Twitter and let us know which name you think we should go with. More later once votes are tallied. Enjoy your Thursday people.