The NBA season is (82) games long. The Cavaliers played just one of those last night, and lost 95-89.
I'm not one to overreact, but if I were, these are the things I'd say in response to the game one loss:
1. The Cavaliers have already lost half as many home games as they did all of last season.
2. Jumping out to a 13-2 lead at home only to end up losing kinda reminds me of a certain Orlando Magic home playoff game.
3. Shaq may never make a free-throw as a Cav (he's 0-2)...how long before Cleveland fans start booing him at the stripe?
4. If Delonte West doesn't come back the Cavs are screwed at both ends of the floor...Moon and Gibson can't fill his minutes.
5. The offense looks terrible...without Coach Kuester?
6. Z looks old...real old, and Mike Brown appears to hate J.J. Hickson.
7. Gibson's hair looks ridiculous.
8. Jamario Moon doesn't really look like he can bring all that much to the line-up. And Parker looked just so-so.
9. Rajon Rando is a flat-out better player than Mo Williams.
10. I think I saw one of LBJ's 4 Horsemen sitting court-side wearing a NY Yankees hat on opening night...actually I know I did.
But hey, like I said, I'm not one to overreact, and - all joking aside - there really isn't any reason to over-react at this point. It would have been nice to get the first one, no doubt, but this is going to take some time. The Cavaliers were basically just a team of guys who looked like they never played together before, and that's to be expected. LeBron looked like LeBron, and eventually, if he just keeps looking like LeBron, I think everyone else will figure out what they need to do to best compliment him. Looked like the defensive schemes are still a work in progress as well, but I expect the Cavaliers to be on all cylinders at both ends of the floor by game 10. And if they're not clicking by then, maybe then its time to...oh never never mind. Lets just get ready for game two, and if you're an optimistic Cavaliers fan, don't listen to sports talk radio tomorrow.